Dear Netlimiter users,
Version 4.0.9 brings several bugfixes and improvements, but the most important are redesigned blocker/firewall and full support for IP Version 6 (IPv6) network protocol, which starts to spread really fast.
In next few days we plan to release online User's manual including description of powerful NetLimiter API from which could creative programmers profit.
Although is NetLimiter 4 officially still in testing phase we offer an option to purchase it if you like it or you would like to support the development. Thanks!
If you find any bug or a any problem – don't hesitate to write us about it to our contact email. Your reports help us a lot with bug fixing and fine-tuning of the application. Thank you.
- Stats: Problems in left Custom filter menu. Did not work properly in several cases.
- Top level traffic filters displayed in wrong place in Activity View.
- Connection's network interface change ignored when filtering the traffic.
- Firewall request window (ASK rule): Deny action and 'don’t ask me again' option will not block first connection in the list.
- Possible access violation exception and the GUI application crash when loading traffic data from service.
- NetLimiter window access violation exception when parsing IP address, i.e. when firewall request window opened.
- NetLimiter service access violation exception when parsing IP address, i.e. when creating filter for IP range etc.
- NetLimiter service deadlock on its shutdown.
- BSOD when a lot of traffic is pended via ASK rule.
- Added full IPv6 support (limits, firewall, stats, etc.).
- Stats: Now you can sort data by Apps, Users and Countries (where the data flowed) and view data Payload or protocol Overhead data.
- Installer contains less files.
- Context menus for most of list views.
- Tools section in Info View.
- Option to Kill existing connections added.
- Improved list of applications and filters in Rule editor.
- Some keyboard shortcuts added.
- Almost all list views in NetLimiter are sortable now.
- Byte units in rule lists.
- New Blocker module which allows to define firewall rules order. The firewall rules are now sorted and evaluated from first to last. The first applicable rule is taken.
- A lot of minor GUI improvements.